MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Initial user password not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I updated my forum to the latest version and changed the theme.  I registered for a dummy account because I have not had anyone register recently.  It appears that the password that is sent during the initial email does not work when used to log-in.  It is not the activation code but the password.  What could be causing this issue?  Could this be caused by a plugin or something else? 

Forum: dentalimplant411.com/dental-chat-room/
mybb version 1.8.12.

Thank you.
looks like email with random password is not reaching the users. did you get email when you tried registration ?

Edit: registration emails are reaching late ! reset password is working fine.

initial email with random password related issue is expected to be fixed with forthcoming release of MyBB.
at present I'd suggest to remove random password registration method - instead use email verification for registrations.

please delete user account with id 13231 at your forum.
(2017-11-04, 12:50 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like email with random password is not reaching the users. did you get email when you tried registration ?

Edit: registration emails are reaching late ! reset password is working fine.

initial email with random password related issue is expected to be fixed with forthcoming release of MyBB.
at present I'd suggest to remove random password registration method - instead use email verification for registrations.

please delete user account with id 13231 at your forum.

Thank you so much!