MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB SMTP Mail not sending.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

My forum doesn't send e-mails (activation, password resets, etc.) through SMTP and puts into the System Mail Log the following:

The mail server does not understand the MAIL FROM command. Reason: 553 5.7.1 Sender address rejected: not owned by auth user.

I'm using Yandex's SMTP server, following their guide. It works fine on my mail client, so it's MyBB that's having the issue.

Thanks.
have you got domain based email account through your web host ? if so, you need to use that (exact) email account for forum mails
Yes, as .m. said, make sure that you've set the from address to be the same email address that you use to login to the SMTP server.
I've set up my username as forums@... as Yandex tells me to, are you saying there's another option that I need to set?
Yes, you also need to set the sender name to be the same. Make sure that the following is the same email address: "ACP > Configuration > Site Details > Admin Email".
Got it, thanks!