MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mod/ group powers to alter only the OP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would this be possible?

To allow for moderators (or a certain group, but I guess that is the same) to only be able to moderate the OP (original post) in threads

Plugin or otherwise would be great  Smile
Not unless they have mod tools/powers.. But maybe a plugin could be created for this. Contact Sazze or Johnny S for custom plugins.
Thanks Livewire

I really dislike cold calling other members, so hope they will happen across this thread

Or hope somebody else will be able to help Smile

Does anyone know if it is even possible?
Just to clarify what I am looking for in the hope that somebody picks it up for me

Basically, all I want is on specific boards, the ability for all forum members to edit the first post of a thread. To me, it sounds like an easy request, but that is easy for me to say as I know very little coding!

I'm really would like this for my forum - can it be done? Of course, I would like it to be free (wouldn't anyone!) but if it is a complex task I would be willing to pay

Please?
I spent a little time looking at what you want this evening. It isn't as easy as you might think.

There aren't enough hooks in editpost.php to allow a plugin to manipulate permissions checks properly, so I never actually got it working for full edit. After working on it for a while, I finally got it working for quick edit, but to be honest, it is a little hacky.

I'd be glad to share what I got figured out, but be forewarned that I didn't spend a lot of time on it, the forum and usergroup info is hardcoded into constants, it doesn't fully work, it has little to no code comments, and I personally don't feel that it is possible for full edit without core edits, or at the very least, an entirely different strategy than my approach.
Thanks Wildcat

I'd be thrilled to see what you have worked on Smile

I understand if it is not fully possible, but quick edits would be fine - if it is too buggy and nothing can be done then I will try and look for a different method

Maybe I'm asking for the wrong thing, so let me explain what I am trying to achieve - My forum is a place where members carry out research.  The forum works great for discussion, but important information gets lost within threads.  This is why I want the first post to be editable, as it can act as a dumping ground for important information, and all members can easily reference it (made easier by xthread "first post on every page") but if there are any alternative ideas to achieve this, then please let me know!
Are you on Discord? Hit me up and I'll share what I have.
(2017-11-23, 04:32 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Are you on Discord? Hit me up and I'll share what I have.

I am now - have sent you a message Smile
Cool