MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does the theme need to be updated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In your release notes for 1.8.13 it says:

"This update includes fixes related to compatibility with PostgreSQL, SQLite and PHP 7.2 and resolves attachment HTML output problems. Note that the theme’s CSS files may need to be updated."

Does this mean that if we're currently using a theme which hasn't been updated to be compatible with 1.8.13, we would do best in waiting with installing 1.8.13 until the theme has been updated by its author?
Yes, all theme needs to be updated, you should ask your dev to update theme ASAP.
I believe you might see broken pages but I don't think it will expose your forum to any vulnerability mostly.
a custom theme can be updated for MyBB 1.8.13 by an admin of the forum (though the process appears to be confusing !)

for html output adjustments :
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates.
This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed
- or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed,
it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

for the style adjustments : please see this post
basically modal popup code needs to be updated in global.css of the theme
Thanks!
Only to works fine yes.

This time most of themes need to be updated by many libraries, templates, customizations added on this new 1.8.13 version.

I am reviewing and upgrading all my forums in localhost before to do it in my live board. But yes it needs some changes to works fine even some plugin files i supose Smile
This is the first time I decided not to upgrade since the first one with 1.2 now I upgraded yesterday and my entire custom page is gone, my automedia list its playlist ability and my colored categories gone... I really don't want to have to rebuild now since I finally am getting people to the new address I reloaded my backup and will stay with that for a while
Just want to report that I have successfully upgraded to 1.8.13. Thank you, team, for providing us with free software and upgrades, and support as well!
I found out that if I upgraded with the full package everything is better than fine. I have now upgraded to version 1.8.13 without a glitch