MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Request] Lock posts against editing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How can lock selected posts that user (user in usergroup) can't edit them.For example: a moderator has written an exclaim into this post and user can delete this exclaim while post editing.
I don't want set any time limit for post editing through adminCP setting option. When a moderator will lock selected posts in thread user won't be able to edit these posts.
It can be achieved by simply editing the properties of user groups on the admin.

But Iam looking forward to that mode which will disable the edit capability of user after specific time or after getting reply.
ivenms Wrote:But Iam looking forward to that mode which will disable the edit capability of user after specific time.

That already exists ? =/

stamp Wrote:How can lock selected posts that user (user in usergroup) can't edit them.For example: a moderator has written an exclaim into this post and user can delete this exclaim while post editing.
I don't want set any time limit for post editing through adminCP setting option. When a moderator will lock selected posts in thread user won't be able to edit these posts.

Can you try this plugin ? =P

Notes ::

* Admin / SuperMod / Mod can lock posts.
* How to lock ? You will see a "new icon" next to the Edit Button (I've used folder.gif and lockfolder.gif for testing) .
* When clicking the (un)lock-icon, you will be redirected to the post.
* How to unlock ? Just click again on the "icon" next to the Edit Button.
* When locked what do you see ?
- Admin / SuperMod / Mod == Still see the Edit Button + Locked icon
- Owner of that specified locked post == See's a message "Locked" with no edit button. Will be visible again when you unlock that post.

Install ::

Upload lpm.php into your forum_root
Upload /inc/plugins/lpm.php into your pluginfolder
Go to your PluginManager and Activate.
Then go to a post and test ! =P

"Screen" ::

[Image: lpm.jpg]
If you find bugs => PM or mention them in this thread =P
Lex-
There is a fault:
After locking post, when user goes through URL /editpost.php?pid=id where id is id of the locked post he can edit this post and won't become an error message.
Then you would have hardass members when they use that way for editing =P
Will modify it =P

Edit ::

Changed Wink Just re-upload the /inc/plugins/lpm.php into your pluginfolder, no deactivation needed !
There is a "Moderator Notice" plugin that allows mods to add a comment to the bottom of a post that can't be deleted by the user.

http://mods.mybboard.net/view.php?did=419
LeX-
Thanks, now it's o'key! Big Grin
DrPoodle Wrote:There is a "Moderator Notice" plugin that allows mods to add a comment to the bottom of a post that can't be deleted by the user.

http://mods.mybboard.net/view.php?did=419

And now there is a plugin for locking posts.
Works great LeX- I tried it. Smile

One thing that would make it better, is that when you lock it, it makes it so they can't edit it OR delete it. Smile Just an idea.
FirefoxWiz Wrote:Works great LeX- I tried it. Smile

One thing that would make it better, is that when you lock it, it makes it so they can't edit it OR delete it. Smile Just an idea.

Done;

Re-upload inc/plugins/lpm.php into your pluginfolder or patch yourself

Find
			$post['button_edit'] = "<span class=\"smalltext\">LOCKED</span>";
Add below
			$post['button_quickdelete'] = "";
Pages: 1 2