MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sideboxes Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, came across a weird issue with ASB today. Probably another bug that sprouted off when I had problems with inline success moderation. Got that working, however now this is broken. 

I've already made a backup of all my boxes, and tried reinstalling through ACP, but that didn't do me any good apart from losing the boxes I already had.

I don't really know how to explain it, so I'll just post a gif.

[Image: ezgif-4-8e583cec31.gif]

Any help would be great. Most of my users rely on the side boxes for general info. So the quicker I can get this fixed, the better.
Hi,
Sorry you are having problems. Do you get any JavaScript errors? Can you PM me temp admin credentials?
No, not getting any js errors as far as I can tell.

I'll go ahead and PM ya' admin login info now!

Well, I'm still able to add the sideboxes, just the modal doesn't display how it should.
Instead, it appears at the bottom of the page, and I have to zoom out to access it.

This was happening after I fixed inline moderation tools, except with the login & report modals. I managed to follow a tutorial that fixed it, however now it seems to be happening with the ASB modals.
I've taken a look at it seems your edits have caused an issue with the modals. I confirmed that this isn't just ASB by going to ACP->Formus & Posts and selected "Permissions" on a random forum, then for guests choose "Set Custom Permissions" and you will see that the modal behaves exactly the same in this standard MyBB page. (appear at the bottom)

Unfortunately, I am not able to diagnose what has gone wrong, but at least you know where to start.
Alright, I appreciate checking it out for me!

It's weird how now that I've fixed it on the actual forums, it's the ACP that's broken.

This is gonna be a pain, but hopefully, I can figure out what's the cause of the error.
(2017-11-09, 11:56 PM)GXD3S Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, I appreciate checking it out for me!

No problem. Smile

(2017-11-09, 11:56 PM)GXD3S Wrote: [ -> ]It's weird how now that I've fixed it on the actual forums, it's the ACP that's broken.
This is gonna be a pain, but hopefully, I can figure out what's the cause of the error.

I can't imagine what the problem could be. I don't fully understand why you had to make edits in the first place. What did you change?
(2017-11-10, 12:31 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I can't imagine what the problem could be. I don't fully understand why you had to make edits in the first place. What did you change?

To be completely honest, I can't quite remember. 

I was installing "Flyover" by Shade, and trying to redesign the login modal to be better suited for the plugin. So I went ahead and downloaded Nifty Modals to tinker around with it and try and get something a bit more suitable for the style I wanted. After a few hours of messing with it, I couldn't figure out how to get it working for the life of me. (I have little to no experience with modals) So I gave up, deleted the scripts from my FTP and "headerinclude" and just made an entirely new login page instead of the default login modal. Which I plan on replacing in the next few days when I can flush some of the bugs from Flyover out.

After I was done with that, that's when I noticed the inline moderation tools weren't working. After looking up on how to fix it, and nothing helping. I downloaded a fresh install of MyBB, took the "general.js" file from that (as that was one of the files giving me an error in the command prompt) and overwrote the one in my current MyBB, then changed it to "ver=1812" and that fixed my inline moderation tools problem. After doing that though, the modals for the login and report button weren't working, so I followed this guide. After that, everything was working great, on the actual forums at least. It wasn't until later when I was going to rearrange some of my sideboxes that I realized modals were now broken on the ACP somehow.

Sorry for the jumble of mess! 
What I know now though, is if ya' break one thing, it's just a constant chain reaction haha.

Just noticed, I get this warning in the command tool when I move things using ASB. Not sure if it's of any help. I've tried using a fresh copy of jquery.js already but it didn't seem to have any effect. Unless I have the wrong version number.

[Image: Z8VL8Fy.png]
(2017-11-10, 04:26 PM)GXD3S Wrote: [ -> ]Just noticed, I get this warning in the command tool when I move things using ASB. Not sure if it's of any help. I've tried using a fresh copy of jquery.js already but it didn't seem to have any effect. Unless I have the wrong version number.

[Image: Z8VL8Fy.png]

I was going to ask you to do a stack trace, but if my temp account is still active, I will take a look...
I've sent you the updated password!

I appreciate all the help
I was pretty sure that everything was in order on my end, but just to be completely sure I took a look and I am not using synchronous XMLHTTP calls anywhere in this plugin. I'm not sure where that error is coming from.
Pages: 1 2