MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What does "Optimize Databases" do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What does optimize databases do and what risk is there to the site if one was to optimize the databases in admin panel?
Quote:Specific bits of data are accessed by queries written in a particular interface language, such as SQL. Database optimization involves maximizing the speed and efficiency with which data is retrieved. Database designers, administrators and analysts work together to optimize system performance through diverse methods.
(2017-11-10, 07:47 PM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Specific bits of data are accessed by queries written in a particular interface language, such as SQL. Database optimization involves maximizing the speed and efficiency with which data is retrieved. Database designers, administrators and analysts work together to optimize system performance through diverse methods.

Hi, thanks for the response!
Ive read threads where people have optimized their datebase in admin cp and in messed up their site.
(2017-11-10, 11:40 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]

Ive read threads where people have optimized their datebase in admin cp and in messed up their site.

I've always optimized mines nothing happened to my site. :/
(2017-11-11, 03:56 PM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]

What good does it do for your site?
(2017-11-11, 05:58 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]

See: https://community.mybb.com/thread-96305-...#pid704558
(2017-11-11, 11:56 PM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-11, 05:58 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-10, 11:40 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, thanks for the response!

See: https://community.mybb.com/thread-96305-...#pid704558

Okay, now that is exactly what I was looking for!