MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Language Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Languages options in admin panel really needs upgrade, after each update if you are an admin of forum with default language other than English, it means you need to work on language files to see what's changed etc. I am currently working on my forum for 1.8.13 update related changes and I wanted to create this thread.

Suggestions:
  • Languages settings needs "mark as fixed" option for "issues" shown in "edit with X" function, there are some linguistic issues for example in my native language we don't have to say "at" to imply where it is, so in global.lang there is simply "at" and it's impossible to write anything there and it's just okay - but it keeps showing it as an issue, also for example I don't want every thread with polls to have Polls: written behind the title so I removed it from language settings and again it shows it as an issue, basically admin should be able to mark issues as fixed and unless it gets changed via update etc. those stuff shouldn't be seen as an issue.
  • As far as I see there is no way to update language pack via admin panel, I installed pack I use at 1.8.4 and it still says 1.8.4 although I made huge changes and updates. Admin should be able to say "okay I did all changes and it's compatible with 1.8.13 now"
  • There should be a way to add/remove entries via language settings, for example when I say edit with english, I see that my language pack has one additional file than english one. Why can't I just remove that file from here? or if I want to add that file for english, why can't I add that file from that interface and fill it with translations?
  • Not only for files, but also for entries in files we need to have add/remove option.
  • We need to see "Show only Issues" filter.
  • We need a search function for language entries.
I am explaining this stuff because I think most of people here use their forum in English and might not notice this as an issue.