MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove Certain Validations In Registration Process
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
I'm working on a custom registration form to help speed up the process for users of my forum who wish to register via Email instead of social logins. 

I want the form to simply be:
Quote:Username:

Email:

Password:

Confirm Password:

However every time I get the following error:
Quote:
  • The email address you entered as confirmation does not match the original one. Please confirm your email address correctly.

I've tried everything I can find to remove the validation for "email2" but everything seems outdated, or just doesn't work. So I gave up, added a "Confirm Email" to the form. However, now I'm brought to another problem. 

Quote:
  • Please solve the reCAPTCHA to verify that you're not a robot.

I don't want a captcha for the registration form, however, I still use them for other forms on the site via the Form Creator plugin, so I don't want to turn it off entirely either. 

And I'm probably jumbling this up to the point where it's incomprehensible. IN SHORT, I'd like to disable the validator for "email2" (Confirm Email) & the recaptcha (or a way to integrate the invisible recaptcha). Does anyone have an idea of how to do this?
What version of MyBB are you using?
1.8.12, withholding on upgrading at the moment so I don't break my theme
Yes, through a plugin, I have this plugin but I paid 75 dollars for it, to have it custom made,
comes with a sidebar widget for index and portal and a custom registration page.
Mine is just

Username:
Email:
Password:
Google 1 click Captcha
(register button)

You could have someone build a plugin for you.
I'm using a custom system on my forum with just username, email, password-- but it has thus far increased my spammer sign-up a little. I'm working to mitigate that through other means so I can keep the sign up simple.

The main thing is that not everything is optional-- mainly the confirmation fields for pass and email. You will either have to use JavaScript to match correctly named hidden elements to the value of the pass and email elements or use a plugin to copy the $mybb->input variables to the confirmation indexes.

The security question can be used in full registration and bypassed in the modal by setting hidden fields with the security question id and the answer value.

If you go this route, you will probably need to add some email blacklist entries for known spam accounts as well as seeking out other methods to prevent spam. Sadly, making it easier for potential users also makes it easier for spammers.
(2017-11-15, 06:32 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, through a plugin, I have this plugin but I paid 75 dollars for it, to have it custom made,
comes with a sidebar widget for index and portal and a custom registration page.
Mine is just

Username:
Email:
Password:
Google 1 click Captcha
(register button)

You could have someone build a plugin for you.

This sounds like exactly what I want, but with a very steep price tag sadly. I wouldn't think it'd be that hard to accomplish, but I suppose I'm wrong.

(2017-11-16, 01:42 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using a custom system on my forum with just username, email, password-- but it has thus far increased my spammer sign-up a little. I'm working to mitigate that through other means so I can keep the sign up simple.

The main thing is that not everything is optional-- mainly the confirmation fields for pass and email. You will either have to use JavaScript to match correctly named hidden elements to the value of the pass and email elements or use a plugin to copy the $mybb->input variables to the confirmation indexes.

The security question can be used in full registration and bypassed in the modal by setting hidden fields with the security question id and the answer value.

If you go this route, you will probably need to add some email blacklist entries for known spam accounts as well as seeking out other methods to prevent spam. Sadly, making it easier for potential users also makes it easier for spammers.

I feel like if there was a way to add the captcha in the mix of this then it would solve most problems, and worries. 

I've got all the hidden values down for everything, and I'm fine with having confirmation for password and email. 

It's just I can't get the recaptcha working appropriately. 
Whenever I try implementing it into the modal, it doesn't show up. And even if I wanted to take the risky route and pretty much allow spam bots to sign up, I wouldn't know how to disable the recaptcha only for registration. (As I'm pretty sure the captcha Form Creator uses, goes off the settings for the registration captcha, so disabling it would disable it in all of my forms)

To sum this up. Is there a way to add the registration recaptcha, into a registration modal? I would think so, but I suppose I'm trying all the wrong ways.
(2017-11-17, 05:31 AM)GXD3S Wrote: [ -> ]To sum this up. Is there a way to add the registration recaptcha, into a registration modal? I would think so, but I suppose I'm trying all the wrong ways.

To be honest, I never even tried to show a reCaptcha in my modal. After about a month of 2-3 spammers per day making it in and posting, I am however, looking for new strategies. I want to use the "I'm not a robot" one-click system (just use the click as the submit button maybe)-- if I figure out anything I will share.
Alright, I definitely appreciate it.