MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TalkVideoGames.com 450k posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.talkvideogames.com/

I been wanting to convert this to Mybb for a long time. Originally it was phpbb and I converted it to VB but was very unhappy with it. However until 1.2.8 there wasn't much optimizing for large forums. With the introduction of some changes and also the NCAA forums I was gonna go for it. Tikitiki helped me out a bit and I used the Merge Beta (worked but still needs work).

So I am proud that TVG is now officially a MYBB site...the second largest as a matter of fact. Smile

Also there are currently 2 skins to choose from (3 if you count default mybb). You can select them on the site on the bottom right (tikitiki's quick theme plugun).

Any questions or comments are welcome.
That is a very nice forum and theme, i was just wondering would u be able to give any tips on making such great forums?

O btw, i liking the banner with mario in:d, it made me chuckle lol./
Nice forum. Toungue
Good job labrocca and Tikitiki. Smile
That is a very dark theme...I can hardly distinguish between the tables and the background!

Nice amount of members and posts though Toungue Well done for 2nd place!
Simple and effective Smile

Oh and so many users and posts Big Grin

Good job on it.
DrPoodle Wrote:That is a very dark theme...I can hardly distinguish between the tables and the background!

Nice amount of members and posts though Toungue Well done for 2nd place!

That's why the white theme is there as well. I also plan to add about 5 more themes. Mostly one for each system (wii, ps3, psp, and 360).

Quote:That is a very nice forum and theme, i was just wondering would u be able to give any tips on making such great forums?

I plan to write a long tutorial with tips for starting a community.

Thanks everyone.