MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When trying to set up SSO, does the mybb_users table need populating?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Have an existing asp.net system that creates a cookie. When I pick that up in mybb to prevent the user logging in again, I presume that I also need to create the mybb_user account if it doesn't already exist?

So if I have member id 9991234 signed in and then come to the forum, I check if they have an entry in mybb_users already (?) and, if not, create an entry with firstname, email, surname, id, etc.  

If I don't do this then I don't see how mybb's functionality of "Hello from member3 by member3 10-11-2017, 10:25 AM" will work as it wouldn't know who was posting, right?

I'm pretty sure I've not seen this covered in any of the number of guides for SSO I've seen out there so it may be a stupid question, sorry.  If there's a comprehensive guide to this out there already then I'm happy to be pointed to it, thanks.