MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Community Hosting Platform
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2017-11-18, 10:40 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure of the top of my head if we have something like this but we could maybe add a page to mybb.com about hosts we recommend for setting up a forum but again it's just an idea and would need to be looked at in more depth! But then you'd have the problem of people saying that we endorse those hosts because we recommend them rather than something like 000webhost.

I think a page of 'endorsed' web hosts that meet a strict series of requirements might be a good idea.

Something like:
  • PHP 7.0+
  • MySQL 8.0+ // MariaDB 10.0+ // PostgreSQL 9.6+
Would be a good starting point, considering a shared platform by MyBB wouldn't offer anything less than the latest versions anyway.
(2017-11-18, 10:40 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure of the top of my head if we have something like this but we could maybe add a page to mybb.com about hosts we recommend for setting up a forum but again it's just an idea and would need to be looked at in more depth! But then you'd have the problem of people saying that we endorse those hosts because we recommend them rather than something like 000webhost.

See https://blog.mybb.com/2016/08/17/shutter...epository/
(2017-11-20, 06:20 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]

See https://blog.mybb.com/2016/08/17/shutter...epository/

I think that once we have concrete requirements laid out for 1.10 there's no reason we can't recreate that page.
Pages: 1 2