MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to show prefixes in my thread view
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using mybb 1.8 latest.

i want to show a "prefix" column in the thread view of my forum so users can filter by prefix.

I know there's a "prefix" value in the "mybb_threads" table seen in phpmyadmin

Where and how is it that I need to:
1) Query the database to get the prefix value of the thread?
2) Modify the thread view of my forum to display another column showing the prefix? (The num value is fine for now)

Thanks.
threads list already has order by prefix facility [see this image]. doesn't it serve your requirement ?
(2017-11-17, 04:51 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]threads list already has order by prefix facility [see this image]. doesn't it serve your requirement ?

Whoops. It absolutely does.

I'll say that if I as a computer programmer missed that, your average user probably does too. (My whole team did...)
I personally think it would be more sensible and logical to have it at the top with the othe filters.

Thanks.

(2017-11-17, 04:51 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]threads list already has order by prefix facility [see this image]. doesn't it serve your requirement ?

Having said that, which template do I need to modify to move this fllter bar to the top?
Cheers.

EDIT: Nevermind i found it.
^ yes, as you said it can be much useful if those sort options also available at the top of threads list.

though you have traced the code, for the interested users :
above required sort options code is available through form code near bottom of forumdisplay_threadlist template
(2017-11-17, 05:18 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ yes, as you said it can be much useful if those sort options also available at the top of threads list.

though you have traced the code, for the interested users :
above required sort options code is available through form code near bottom of forumdisplay_threadlist template

Wait, you underlined those sort options, also available, and at the top of threads list separately.
Were you trying to point to links where that is easily doable?
^ oh! no, underlines are used just for better readability ..