MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I hide deleted posts to users?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right now when I as a mod delete a comment it appears as "this comment has been deleted"

I want it to be 100% invisible to users once it's deleted, is this possible? Maybe a plugin?

Thank you.
isn't it invisible to regular users except mods and admin?
(2017-11-19, 05:11 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]isn't it invisible to regular users except mods and admin?

Nope... like i said, the users sees the "this comment has been deleted" comment.

Mods/Admins do too, but they have the option of clicking "Show this post"
looks like codes in your forum's active theme's templates need updating !

upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates.
This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed
- or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed,
it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.
(2017-11-19, 03:00 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like codes in your forum's active theme's templates need updating !

upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates.
This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed
- or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed,
it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

I highly doubt this is the case, as using the default theme this happens. As you can see here:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-164567.html

Other people have said the same thing, soft deleted comments stay on the page but say deleted, i want them completely gone for users (except admins/mods)

Thanks
^ above referred thread was about soft deleted posts visible to administrating staff [Mods & Admins]
it was not about deleted posts visible to normal users.

you can post a test post here, delete it, refresh the page & check if it is visible ...