MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.8.12 -> 1.8.13] Problems with up- and/or downloading after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I upgraded my MyBB install (a private forum, can't give the URL, sorry) from MyBB 1.8.12 to MyBB 1.8.13.
Ever since, the forum has troubles with down- and/or uploading files.

I tried to re-set the permissions (755, should be enough), tried downgrading, but none seem to work.
When I downgrade to 1.8.12, users can perfectly upload files (we're using the AJAX Multiple Upload plugin, I know it has some problems). With 1.8.13, both uploading (even with the standard uploader!) and downloading is not working anymore.

When a page is being loaded, it returns a console message, saying $.cookie is not a function, which seems to be something jQuery related. Problem is, I can't nail that error down as well, it comes from 'newfunctions.js' and can't find it anywhere from plugins, zo my guess is that newfunctions.js comes from the theme, which is a heavily modded NeonGlow (from Audentio), but I have never created the file.

I am out of options at the moment, and I do not know what to do. Any tips and tricks are welcome.

I know I should remove Ajax Multiple Upload plugin (the plugin had some issues in the past I recall), but I can't as a lot of posts need to have multiple files, so users like to use this multiple upload function, so that isn't an option, to be honest.

The currently active plugins are:
  • Announcement (v2.4.1 by Jones)
  • Attachment Downloads Log (v2.1 by Pirata Nervo)
  • AutoMedia (v3.1 by doylecc, I know there's an update, but with the problems I currently have, I don't think it's wise to upgrade just yet)
  • Favorite Threads (v1.0 by Starpaul20)
  • Forum Alerts (v0.1 by Yaldaram)
  • Inferno Shoutbox (v1.3.1 by Mattbox Solutions)
  • My Thread Bookmark (v0.1 by Yaldaram)
  • MyPlugins (v1.0.2 by Jones)
  • Template Conditionals (v1.8 by Zinga Burga)
  • ProStats (v1.9.7 by SaeedGh and AliReza Tofighi)
  • Settings Cleaner (v2.0 by Nickman)
  • Show Attachments in Forum View (v1.0 by Starpaul20) - Might me a cause, but never worked I believe. Will look into it.
  • Syndication Page Access (v0.1 by Yaldaram)
  • Ajax Upload Multiple Attachments Plugin  (v1.4 by Mostafa Shirali)
Please, feel free to ask any questions you might have, I 've got a feeling I am missing somethings, but can't think of any at the momen.

EDIT:
Tried to disable 'Show Attachments in Forum View', but didn't change a thing, not by looks, nor by function. Will disable and uninstall the plugin.

Als tried disabling and enabling of Ajax Upload Multiple Attachments Plugin, but didn't help. This plugin is the one we (unfortunatly) can't without.
Quote:$.cookie is not a function
as you said, it is related to the theme's functions file & that needs to be updated for MyBB 1.8.13
please contact the theme coder as it is a premium theme
Did some testing with the Default MyBB theme, down- and uploading isn't working in it as well.
So it doesn't depend on newfunctions.js as I thought earlier.
I did contact them and requested help, because I think it also has to be fixed, but it doesn't solve the actual problem at hand.
for MyBB's Stock theme, have you updated the codes in the templates after upgrading MyBB ? [esp. headerinclude, showthread templates]
I went to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates, but for the template I am using, I am not seeing headerinclude being updated. The showthread template is updated according to it. I let the upgrade script do the changes to the templates.

Not sure what input / answer you expect from me with your last post. Also don't see why templates would interfere with downloading attachments as both down- and uploading aren't working properly.

After some more testing:
Sometimes downloads just don't do a thing, like nothing arrives at the user (speed of 0kb/sec for as long as you'd wait/like). Sometimes a download "succeeds", but when it does, the downloaded file is corrupted and can't be opened properly.
^ well, jQuery library files are updated in MyBB 1.8.13 and
that might have affected some of the scripts used for plugins & themes

not sure how can we find the cause of above referred issue without checking ..
But jQuery doesn't have to do anything for downloading an attachment, does it? Wink
Ajax Upload Multiple Attachments Plugin can have conflicts with jQuery Library

though not sure, deactivating the plugin might not be removing its codes completely !

anyway, have you temporarily disabled all the plugins & tried uploading & downloading attachments ?

[please note: its late night for me. can't check plugin files at present]
I deactivated the AJAX Upload Multiple Plugin earlier, but did not work. I can try to disable all plugins, but I am affraid it won't help, but we know for certain when it's actually tested.

I'll keep you posted. Smile

I'll also try a clean install in a subfolder, with same (MySQL) connection info.

When I make a clean install, I get HTTP 500 errors when I alter the configuration to use the live database. When I switch back, the site works again. PHP is also fine, when I create a new file with <?php phpinfo(); ?> it gives output, so PHP is working fine.

Will test further, though.

Can using HTTPS instead of HTTP make a difference perhaps? I'm getting reports users can succesfully download files from the site through HTTP.