MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Global 2FA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

With the day and age that we are in now I feel that this is a must have for the front end as well as the back end. It may make sense to get an option to force usergroups to enable 2FA as well as on a user by user basis for example if their account gets hacked you can force them to activate it once they get it back to hopefully stop it happening again.
Would be a nice default feature. Isn't there plugins though? I have my own on HF.
(2017-11-19, 07:35 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Would be a nice default feature.  Isn't there plugins though? I have my own on HF.

there was a plugin for it, but it was hidden by the plugin creator as it hasn't been maintained in almost 4 years.
It might be nice, if you had something like Discord where you can make 2FA mandatory for staff, so that if they don't have it enabled, then their elevated privileges are locked until they do.
(2017-11-19, 07:56 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-19, 07:35 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Would be a nice default feature.  Isn't there plugins though? I have my own on HF.

there was a plugin for it, but it was hidden by the plugin creator as it hasn't been maintained in almost 4 years.

You can still find it on his GitHub but it's a pain to manually update to work on newer versions.
I think a well implemented 2FA system would be a great addition to the core.
(2017-11-24, 02:07 AM)Azah Wrote: [ -> ]It might be nice, if you had something like Discord where you can make 2FA mandatory for staff, so that if they don't have it enabled, then their elevated privileges are locked until they do.

that'd be a nice extension of 2FA.
Still no news about adding 2FA into the core of mybb for every users ?
2FA is built in core.
Discussion is about applying them for general users and forcing to use it.
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB. Thanks for your contribution!

Github Issue:
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/3521
Pages: 1 2