MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to "hide" private forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have permissions set so only admin, mods & supermods can view. Have the forum jump set to off and still guests and register can see the forum. Is this supposed to make the forum "disappear" from the forum home page? It's still visible from the home page, but it does ask for login if guest tries to enter.
bug in RC4. Its fixed in Gold. Ive tested it. Smile
Well, it is when done a certain way. Something to do with inheretence or something.
Ok I see what you mean. Just set the permissions to "custom".
acp / "Board Settings" / Forum Home Options / "Hide Private Forums?" / Yes

Any usergroups that doesn't have the "view" permission checked off when you made your forum will not be able to see the forum.

After you've done that, you may want to do this:

acp / "Maintanance" / Cache Manager / forumpermissions / "Rebuild Cache"

then refresh your forum.
In the advanced forum permissions, you must make all permissions unchecked for the usergroups which you want to hide the forum from.
tmhai Wrote:I think I know what problem you were facing mykee. (Let the support team just talk to themselves.)

If you do not want, lets say the Registered Group, to view a forum at your board, you go to Admin Control Panel -> Forum Permissions ->*Select Registered on the forum were going to hide from them* -> *Select Custom Permissions * -> *Select No for Can View Forum* -> Click OK

If that doesnt work, just reply. Im happy to help.

If you didn't do my above step, all it will do is STILL show that usergroup that forum, but if they click it, it will tell them that they aren't authorized to view that forum. If you used your step in conjuction with mine, you can hide that forum from view of that certain usergroup(s)