MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mentions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this is basically a bare minimum for forums & social media sites in 2017..

what I'd like to see is this:

- auto complete
- ability to tag an entire user group (permissions to control who has this ability)
- styling options
Mentions would be great if we can tie them into the alerts system. I have a plugin to tag users and threads using [@UID] and [#TID] so perhaps we could build on that?
Agreed that mentions (along with alerts) should be included by default.

I'd also like the ability for staff to send out mass alerts/mentions from the ACP or MCP. For example if a contest was going on they could have an alert pop up for all registered members. Then they could later alert the winner directly.
I agree with kawaii and VirusZero on this matter. Alerts and Mentions should be default with a number of ways to mention people such as @username, @userid etc. Would be great for admins to have the usergroup ones as well as @everyone which tags all members, well notifies them and just displays the @everyone.
I find @everyone to be extremely annoying and outdated pings are likely to accumulate as the days go by for users burying ones that matter.
(2017-11-19, 08:07 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]this is basically a bare minimum for forums & social media sites in 2017..

what I'd like to see is this:

- auto complete
- ability to tag an entire user group (permissions to control who has this ability)
- styling options

Big Grin I agree with you!