MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete calendar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi

I think that calendar is useless page on MyBB. Not many people use it, really..
It could be separated out into a plugin, as we planned for 2.0.
for our forum the calendar is absolutely necessary. It would be bad if it were gone!
From the calendar depend other and own plugins.
Please consider this thoroughly!
a plugin is probably the better way to go. if it is to be included in 1.10, it could definitely stand to use some improvements so it's more useful.
I also suggest removing the calendar whether it is completely or into a plugin.
Bv64, what do you use the calendar for?
Please make it easy to create a calendar plugin!

Agree that the current calendar is severely limited.
It can easily be turned off in ACP. Takes like 3 seconds.
Yes, it surely do.

But why to have some unnecessary function which is useless for most of forums.

I agree that we should keep it for a bit and than replace with plugin which will work like default calendar so users don't lose anything from their calendars now.
Should be a plug-in just like most of the things people need or don't.

We need a simple lightweight version that we can all customise, but I have said it enough and I doubt it will happen. We will end up with just another bloated software full of stuff that some of us don't need, or stuff we will still have to get a plug-in for to make it suitable for our own use.

1.10 should be a stripped down version and I'm sorry to keep saying so but as much as I like MyBB and will keep using it, there is so much that can be done with a basic version without all the clutter and that is the way to go in my opinion.
Pages: 1 2 3