MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deprecated Features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yes keep RSS
Archive Mode and Threaded Mode should go. Maybe Print Thread too.
(2017-12-04, 05:45 PM)Starpaul20 Wrote: [ -> ]Archive Mode and Threaded Mode should go. Maybe Print Thread too.

Yes to all three, especially Archive it gives far too many problems in Google webmaster tools.
(2017-12-04, 05:45 PM)Starpaul20 Wrote: [ -> ]Archive Mode and Threaded Mode should go. Maybe Print Thread too.

I don't see why print thread would ever of been useful to be honest.
Print thread was useful because it showed the replies with few-no images or background formatting. Which made it great for saving interesting threads.

I don't know how many actually every printed out threads with it. But I used that feature a lot (especially on other sites to save topics I wanted re-read later).

It might be worth keeping it for similar reasons.
(2017-12-04, 07:15 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't see why print thread would ever of been useful to be honest.

I think the whole point was for if you were cheap and didn't want to waste too much ink printing a thread.
(Not a bad idea tbh. IIRC printer ink costs more than human blood Big Grin )

As for member.php?action=emailmember, I agree that security needs to be tightened.

As for the rest. I don't get the hate. Most of them seem like useful features.
(2017-11-20, 01:30 PM)Lewis H Wrote: [ -> ]/archive/ also.

I think Archive should stay, and be used for Search Engines.
keep rss
(2017-12-05, 02:03 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]I think Archive should stay, and be used for Search Engines.

I'm fairly sure the archive does more harm than good with regards to SEO, no? I'm pretty sure it violates the 'duplicate content' guidelines laid out by Google. At least that is the impression that I have been given over time here.
(2017-12-05, 09:02 AM)kawaii Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-05, 02:03 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]I think Archive should stay, and be used for Search Engines.

I'm fairly sure the archive does more harm than good with regards to SEO, no? I'm pretty sure it violates the 'duplicate content' guidelines laid out by Google. At least that is the impression that I have been given over time here.

Depends on how you go about it.

If you make ONLY the archive available to search engines (like, spruce it up a little), this saves on bandwidth, and doesn't have the issue of dup content, because they can't SEE the other stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3