MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show my own posts inside of thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sometimes (especially on large topics) is very painful find my own post inside of thread.
It will be of great help if you have a button to just show my own posts inside of the thread.

It will be even better if you have an autocomplete of user to show only post of specific user. If have results will show only posts of specific user, if not will show popup with message "No Results".
I created a plugin for this. Was easy enough. I hooked into showthread_linear and then manipulated the $pids variable to return on the users posts in the thread. It is useful and MyBB should consider adding it to base.

I use "showthread.php?tid=XXXX&mode=single" for url.
(2017-11-20, 06:06 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I created a plugin for this. Was easy enough. I hooked into showthread_linear and then manipulated the $pids variable to return on the users posts in the thread. It is useful and MyBB should consider adding it to base.

I use "showthread.php?tid=XXXX&mode=single" for url.

I can see it possibly being useful, but can also see cases where some context may be needed to understand standalone posts - does your plugin do anything to show X posts before/after each post or anything like that Labrocca?
This kind of feature seems very useful for me.