MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete stars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Remove the star system that is added for specific groups. I do not know if anyone is using it, and even if it is a little innovative solution.. we are in the 21st century, yes?
You can make good use of the star system, I've altered it to be used for progress bars along with the usertitle options. Very ideal and if removed from the core, should be added as a plugin by default.
Mmm, I'm rather fond of the star system. You are able to replace them with any other image that you like. As, Nasyr said there are many different uses. I would rather that they stayed within the core. Smile
You can set a groups star image to a clear pixel.
Don't agree, stars are quite nice and oldschool.
Stars are unique and removing them completely from MyBB wouldn't be nice since a lot of forums use stars, If you don't want to use stars on your forum you can simply remove them you have the option to anyways.
2.0 doesn't have stars, but then again, I've always found 2.0 to be a little too simplistic.
No need to remove this since you can turn user stars off if you want to (set number of stars for the usergroup to 0 and do the same for each of the User Titles or delete them).
Why remove features? Just add a setting to disable the feature.