MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP mail problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay i have checked in with my host, everything is fine on their end. I just simply have php mail selected. When i try to php test page i recieve this errorĀ https://gyazo.com/aa8d1260cd9219d2ea7944bcac0848be along with that in my system log it says "MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function.". Any idea whats causing this and how to fix this?
As per my knowledge wamp server doesn't support mail till you configure it with SMTP server. If you have SMTP server you can easily get it working by using sendmail and some custom settings.
(2017-11-22, 04:26 AM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]As per my knowledge wamp server doesn't support mail till you configure it with SMTP server. If you have SMTP server you can easily get it working by using sendmail and some custom settings.

Thanks also another 2 questions. I have got that working but i dont wanna make a new thread so i will ask it here. Where can i edit quick reply templates, and is there a way i can find out whats causing my theme to take a while to load. Its a old theme and there is something trying to load thats non-existant. The browser will keep loading for 2 minutes but the page will load, just not whatever is trying to load. If you need me to elaborate on that more let me know, and if you need a forum link PM me. Thanks
Note that some ISP's block port 25 to prevent your computer from being used to spam. For your email client does it allow you to send from another service or do you have to use their settings?

And you can try to use SMTP with your ISP's settings too.