MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

You must forgive me. If you do not understand me.
Unfortunately I have a language problem. Unfortunately, I have to translate everything.

I have a question about the mybb forum. I'm not familiar with this software
I have some questions to you.

Question 1:
How safe is the free software, is the forum fast to hack, to that the software is free.

Question 2: 
The mybb forum is quick to find in the search engines, As with wordpress.

Question 3:
There is also a download page, so that users can download the files. 
And that I can put a link on the upload page.

Question 4:
Can I be a slider in, where I can put in multiple photos. 

For those who like to want to see an example what I want with mybb, here is a link
https://ls-modcompany.com apologies if it should not, the link

in order that this forum is in English, I understand not the language is not.

I hope you can help me with my question. I myself have had invision power board used.
I had 16000 users, and almost 500 members per day online. By that invision power board a paid software is true support.
I paid the support. But unfortunately I got no support. It is not a recommended company.

Kind regards,
Mike
Hello Mike!
Quote:Question 1:
How safe is the free software, is the forum fast to hack, to that the software is free.
MyBB has a relatively low-risk security record. Some of the largest and most popular forums online are running MyBB today! Just because something is free does not mean that it is bad or "easy to hack", in fact the opposite is often true. Smile
Quote:Question 2:
The mybb forum is quick to find in the search engines, As with wordpress.
MyBB is not responsible for your SEO. MyBB is Google friendly and contains features to assist web spiders in finding and indexing your content however. SEO will mainly come from the actual content of your threads and posts.
Quote:Question 3:
There is also a download page, so that users can download the files.
And that I can put a link on the upload page.
You can allow users to add attachments to their posts, but there are plugins to allow to exactly the kind of system that you mentioned. One of the great features of MyBB is the vast range of plugins that allow you to extend the software and create nearly any kind of website you like. Cool
Quote:Question 4:
Can I be a slider in, where I can put in multiple photos.
Yes, as I mentioned above - there are plugins and themes that can do these kinds of things.
Quote:I hope you can help me with my question. I myself have had invision power board used.
I had 16000 users, and almost 500 members per day online. By that invision power board a paid software is true support.
I paid the support. But unfortunately I got no support. It is not a recommended company.
Well, that is one of the great things about MyBB, provided that your forum adheres to the SEP, you can get 100% free support from the community right here!

I hope you honestly consider switching your forum to MyBB. Big Grin Heart
Hello kawaii,

I want to thank you kindly for your information.
And your help.

Can you also tell me where I can find a cheap hoster in the Netherlands.
where I can install mybb. And where 16000 users of the forum.
I have a budget of €25.00 a month to. 
I already have a domain name.

Kind regards,
Mike
Are you looking for a shared hosting solution or a VPS?

I personally use RamNode (affiliated link) for VPS/server hosting in the Netherlands.

[Image: 0aFyIzh.png]
(2017-11-22, 11:26 AM)Deere Wrote: [ -> ]Hello kawaii,

I want to thank you kindly for your information.
And your help.

Can you also tell me where I can find a cheap hoster in the Netherlands.
where I can install mybb. And where 16000 users of the forum.
I have a budget of €25.00 a month to. 
I already have a domain name.

Kind regards,
Mike

Definitely VPS will be a really good choice. I prefer digitalocean.
It is really good and cheap I feel.
Thanks for the information,

kawaii and WallBB

I don't know if you were there to have to ask, but this topic may lock.
Hi, we don't usually lock topics unless they break rules - they may end up being useful to other users in the future!