MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In a number of threads I've seen a lot of moving towards Social Media attention, I feel that to make the Buddy List more popular and featured it would be a good idea to add the MyProfile plugin as a core feature, as mentioned on the page a lot of the features resemble that of social media, not to mention it would drive the usage of Buddy Lists up.

Features
  • Profile Comments: Powerful profile comments that include the MyBB text editor, reply / approve / edit / delete features, Delete all moderation feature. Public / Private status, Ajax management and integration, flood time, edit time management and much more.
  • Last visitors: Powerful mini last visitors template that displays the last visitors on a user's profile.
  • Buddy List: Simple buddy list that displays a limited amount of a user's friends on their profile Powerful admin settings
  • Permissions: Allow users to hide/show their profile to public.
  • ReferredBy: Allow users to show who they were referred by in their profile.
Whilst I don't agree that 1.10 should be an opportunity to merge every single plugin under the sun into the MyBB core, I definitely think that the MyProfile plugin could add a lot of value to MyBB if some of the features you listed above were added. Smile
The only place I've seen the buddy list used is CodeIgniter which they use to filter out spam by only allowing buddies to PM them. You could barely call that a use of the buddy list. It should either be removed or expanded upon.

I do think the concept of a friend system could be more useful than 2.0's follow, and it could go beyond the profiles.