MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MEMBERS MOVING to a new forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can someone tell me how to move/copy all my members to a new forum?
I have a forum myoldforum.com
now i have created a new forum mynewforum.com
NOW  i wanted to move/copy all member registered in myoldforum.com to mynewforum.com

!!! I dont want to use myoldforum.com anymore. so i have to redirect the old domain to the new one 
and i want members to use thesame login details of myoldforum.com on mynewforum.com
!!! am using the same hosting but different domain.
Do you want to move the entire forum (all threads, posts and users?) or ONLY the users?
Only the users

Only the users

Then i will redirect the domain only to the new one

(2017-11-22, 03:51 PM)kawaii Wrote: [ -> ]Do you want to move the entire forum (all threads, posts and users?) or ONLY the users?

ONLY the users
Just export your mybb_users table in your old forum database, delete the empty users table in your new database and replace it with your old one.

Unless you already have users in your new forum, merging them might be a little difficult because of possible duplicates.

You also want to export.replace associated tables such as profilefields.
(2017-11-23, 12:57 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Use the Merge system.

https://mybb.com/download/merge-system/

Can you choose to only import users with it?
(2017-11-23, 02:06 AM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-23, 12:57 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Use the Merge system.

https://mybb.com/download/merge-system/

Can you choose to only import users with it?

Delete all forums, pms, threads, and posts before you export the old forum. Just blanks out the old forum except for the user base.  Should be easy enough.
(2017-11-23, 12:25 AM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]Just export your mybb_users table in your old forum database, delete the empty users table in your new database and replace it with your old one.

Unless you already have users in your new forum, merging them might be a little difficult because of possible duplicates.

I couldn't find anything related to my_users in Admin Panel 
where could I find that.?
(2017-11-23, 08:31 AM)9jaROM Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-23, 12:25 AM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]Just export your mybb_users table in your old forum database, delete the empty users table in your new database and replace it with your old one.

I couldn't find anything related to my_users in Admin Panel 
where could I find that.?

I said your database not your Admin panel.