MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: About Mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2017-11-23, 04:29 PM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure it can handle everything but then of course you'll need a good server and probably a VPS. I'm sure large forums like hackforums & leakforums are runned by VPS and a decent server, or else I believe with a good vps and a server the whole forum would run slow.

There is no problem with that
I use a dedicated server
VPS simple
(2017-11-23, 06:35 PM)sosyeteq Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-23, 04:29 PM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure it can handle everything but then of course you'll need a good server and probably a VPS. I'm sure large forums like hackforums & leakforums are runned by VPS and a decent server, or else I believe with a good vps and a server the whole forum would run slow.

I use a dedicated server
VPS simple

Then you wouldn't have to worry about it too much tbh, but keeping the database to a lower GB maybe is a good idea I don't know I've never owned a big forum. If you have a lot of inactive accounts and such maybe it be a great idea to remove them maybe then the database GB will be much lower. If you want you could always get a custom plugin made for that for example if an account hasn't been online for roughly a year then that account will be removed automatically so then you don't have to do it yourself.
(2017-11-23, 06:41 PM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]

I use a dedicated server
VPS simple

Then you wouldn't have to worry about it too much tbh, but keeping the database to a lower GB maybe is a good idea I don't know I've never owned a big forum. If you have a lot of inactive accounts and such maybe it be a great idea to remove them maybe then the database GB will be much lower. If you want you could always get a custom plugin made for that for example if an account hasn't been online for roughly a year then that account will be removed automatically so then you don't have to do it yourself.

There are 15k members and all are active
writing 1.5-2k per day
100-150 topics open daily
(2017-11-23, 06:46 PM)sosyeteq Wrote: [ -> ]

I use a dedicated server
VPS simple

writing 1.5-2k per day

Then it should be totally fine, but like I said If you have a decent server and a VPS and whatever else is needed for a big forum to run then you won't have to worry about it.
(2017-11-23, 06:55 PM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-23, 06:46 PM)sosyeteq Wrote: [ -> ]

I use a dedicated server
VPS simple

writing 1.5-2k per day

Then it should be totally fine, but like I said If you have a decent server and a VPS and whatever else is needed for a big forum to run then you won't have to worry about it.

I am not afraid not to work
if it fails to stop
thank you so much for me
Pages: 1 2