MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [split: transparency] Denied Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2017-11-23, 09:34 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]@labrocca Euan was probably referring to @devs, who is definitely not understanding the recurring point we have been explaining for like 2 months now.
you crossed the line with this.....

Its team members who are (or seem to be) closed for feedback, while repeating how they are open...... bullshit.
If team were open, there would be no dev-related discussion behind-the-scenes. Its golden rule of being open. You would understand that.
And Labrocca is right :: all SEP thing is one big bullshit, no matter how you would defend it.

And here it goes:: it was Euan who said (in 3 points) whats being discussed in staff-only forum. Based on few previous post, I state that he simply lied. Hell why?
Team here abuse their rights, their position; they trhink that because they are team, they can do whatever they please as they are unremoveable.

My 3p's
(2017-11-24, 07:32 AM)devs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-23, 09:34 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]@labrocca Euan was probably referring to @devs, who is definitely not understanding the recurring point we have been explaining for like 2 months now.
you crossed the line with this.....

Its team members who are (or seem to be) closed for feedback, while repeating how they are open...... bullshit.
If team were open, there would be no dev-related discussion behind-the-scenes. Its golden rule of being open. You would understand that.
And Labrocca is right :: all SEP thing is one big bullshit, no matter how you would defend it.

And here it goes:: it was Euan who said (in 3 points) whats being discussed in staff-only forum. Based on few previous post, I state that he simply lied. Hell why?
Team here abuse their rights, their position; they trhink that because they are team, they can do whatever they please as they are unremoveable.

My 3p's

I don't know how I can make this more clear...

THERE IS NO DEVELOPMENT RELATED DISCUSSIONS HAPPENING BEHIND THE SCENES.

What I said is being discussed in the staff forum is not related to the development of the software in any way, shape or form.
Like the staff have been saying in this thread. Development of the software happens openly. What happens on this site however is solely up to the staff. They run the site. They choose what they can offer support wise. Them talking about if the Denied support tag should be removed or not doesn't have to happen in the open as it doesn't affect how the software is ran and only affects this installation of said software.
I am kind of on both sides here.

devs i am sorry but i do not think you know much about running a community or a project.

There has to be some form of closed team communication about everything site and project wise this is just plain common sense.

i disagree that the talk about this policy should be closed and that it is solely a team thing i think @Euan T or @Shade mentioned there is two streams to this both the public view of this but also the impacts of anything on the team and this is something that does need to be discussed from a closed view point but also a public view point.

To say that anything site or policy wise is just up to the team is again wrong This is a community and a community driven project as such there are a number of people who are invested in this

now @devs i think you will find @Euan T is and has been telling you that they are trying to achieve this communication and whilst they may not be perfect at this they are trying to adapt and that will not happen over night be real about that.

I think more can be done but how much time is being spent dealing solely with you @devs and honestly the team has been very respectful whilst you have not.

So far i have seen a lot of harping by yourself but i can see no real factual or structured posts identifying what can be done or exactly what the team is hiding.

I was within the community when this policy of the "Badge of Shame" was brought in and the number of people who it impacted on and the talk around other sites about it at the time was very negative and it certainly impacted the community but yet the amount of active users at the time was massive due to the forum systems being so popular at the time now days they are not so popular due to a number of well research reasons.

as with any project now days feasibility studies are done as to the best options for sites to meet the needs of users and MyBB is not high any more so developers use what the demand is for that is why the community is suffering.

Then the idol gossip and trouble makers jump in and start to blame everyone and everything else and offer no real help i feel this is the group you fit into @devs

I know a number of us have asked why you do not offer up some more structured help rather than keep saying the team is not doing anything or they are lying to me you seem to have a personal view that the team is not doing what you want.

That said i ask the team to provide more structured responses to this matter explaining why after some time now the responses are about talk why not highlight the key factors and views the reason for and against as labeled by community and the feelings of the team towards those views

For the sake of open community input and review it is more sensible to provide a direct view of this matter
we have the communication but there is no consolidation of the views or the feelings of the team about this i think the team that was here when this policy was brought in was very closed and very opinionated but things have changed and evolved common business practice is to review all policies on a regular and defined time frame with someone responsible for that.
I don't get why some people can't can follow a simple policy and think it's bullshit lol, every company has it's own policy!! If you had your own project or business wouldn't you add a policy and make sure that everyone follows it? Well that's how it is with MyBB, but forums like HF, LF just make MyBB look bad tbh well in my eyes anyways! The policy is there for a reason so either you follow it or not it's up to you but have illegal sh*t on your forum that's your own fault because clearly you forgot to read the policy.
I know for a fact PHPBB has internal forums, many of them, to discuss internal policy and members, because I work IRL with a member of the PHPBB team.

We use the internal forums (The Lair) to discuss team applications, to discuss internal policy changes in MyBB, to discuss community issues (user reports, incidents that are permanently logged for future reference etc), to wish staff members happy birthday, to denote team member status changes (going on vacation, delegation of responsibilities to that effect), and to post memes.

The only dev related discussion is a "Getting MyBB 1.x.x Ready" thread created for each release with a checklist of the remaining tasks (uploading the package, making update scripts, logging changes that will go into the blog post).

That. Is. It.
(2017-11-29, 10:09 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]I know for a fact PHPBB has internal forums, many of them, to discuss internal policy and members, because I work IRL with a member of the PHPBB team.

We use the internal forums (The Lair) to discuss team applications, to discuss internal policy changes in MyBB, to discuss community issues (user reports, incidents that are permanently logged for future reference etc), to wish staff members happy birthday, to denote team member status changes (going on vacation, delegation of responsibilities to that effect), and to post memes.

The only dev related discussion is a "Getting MyBB 1.x.x Ready" thread created for each release with a checklist of the remaining tasks (uploading the package, making update scripts, logging changes that will go into the blog post).

That. Is. It.

Memes? NICE xD
Pages: 1 2