MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do i mention users in a post?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you know how on some forums you can go @ and then after that when you begin to type a name it comes up with the usernames, how do we do that on myBB forums, or is that not a feature?
It's not a feature of MyBB. Plugins exist to link the @member but it's not done via live typing. But since it does exist when you send a PM or other action my guess is that it's possible to get it done.
You can use mentionme the plugin. Simple just install, activate and do @name and it will work.
Thanks for the help, problem sorted!
(2017-11-23, 08:44 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ][...]Plugins exist to link the @member but it's not done via live typing.[...]

There are actually multiple solutions for "live typing" or autocomplete. You can use the popular DVZ Mentions and martec's Automention plugin or you can use MentionMe, which includes its own autocomplete functionality as well.
(2017-11-24, 12:17 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-23, 08:44 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ][...]Plugins exist to link the @member but it's not done via live typing.[...]

There are actually multiple solutions for "live typing" or autocomplete. You can use the popular DVZ Mentions and martec's Automention plugin or you can use MentionMe, which includes its own autocomplete functionality as well.

How would i use this on 1.8.12 
Install the plugins I mentioned. (link in my sig for MentionMe)