MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show Password Button While Loging To Forums And Admin CP Or During Registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says.

There should be an option Show Password. On which after clicking, on can see the password, what is he typing.

Example:

Normal:

Username: xyz
Password: •••••••••••
Show Password [ ]

Show Password:

Username: xyz
Password: 123456789
Show Password [ √ ]

Once show password is marked! One can see, is he typing correctly or not.
With Show Password Mark (Tick), it would be his/her choice that either they hide or show, thier password while typing it.

Applies for all, Registration, Log In To Forums And Admin Cp
This should not be added as it presents a security risk to people in public areas.
basically that should be a browser facility - not recommended in a forum software ..
(2017-11-24, 08:41 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]This should not be added as it presents a security risk to people in public areas.

It won't be, as it depends on user! Wether he/she selects/deselect, show Password, its their own choice.
(2017-11-24, 08:42 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]basically that should be a browser facility - not recommended in a forum software ..

This should be! But unfortunately it ain't, in most of the browsers, so I guess. If people of mybb, agree with it, Mybb Team should look after it.
I'm not fond of giving people ways to shoot themselves in the face.

Someone might have that thing enabled and not even realise it as they might look down at their keyboard and hit enter reflexively.
(2017-11-24, 10:17 AM)Azah Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not fond of giving people ways to shoot themselves in the face.

Someone might have that thing enabled and not even realise it as they might look down at their keyboard and hit enter reflexively.

Normally !!! It could be unticked as default before every login. Later on, if one wishes! They can turn on or not.

+ you can do addition too in Admin CP. Like,

Configuration > Show Password Mark > Enable/Disable.

I know these are forums but I would quote of social medias here, many social medias are using this feature too. And I believe security! Still is high upto the mark? I guess one can't be such dumb now? And everyone in public is not thief. Second, ur in public? So u should be careful? Third, u can have option in Configurations to enable and disable it?
This should primarily be a browser feature - I think Firefox does this? If implemented it should be such that the password is only visible while the user is clicking & holding on the show password button.
(2017-11-24, 05:50 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]This should primarily be a browser feature - I think Firefox does this? If implemented it should be such that the password is only visible while the user is clicking & holding on the show password button.

I don't use firefox, may be many of us neither, as chrome has beaten all browers and is being used by many members across world (comparatively), well This is also a good idea, as holding to show pass.

Show pass is good feature. Just for confirmation and holding and confirming is more comfortable, in means of Public places too. It even helps you to avoid from reCaptcha over wrong pass and make u sure? May be! There ain't any fault in your laptop/pc keyboard. sometimes it happens that key don't work and due to invisibility of password! We are unaware of it.