MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is There Any Interest In Twitter Addon Modules for Advanced Sidebox?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a little time over the holiday and there is a recurring request for social media addons for ASB. I began with Twitter, admittedly because it is of the most interest to me personally.

After a little investigation it became clear that through the API (1.1), and widgets-js, we can make many different elements from Twitter in side boxes.

Twitter API v1.1 Documentation

JavaScript Interfaces and widget-js for Twitter

The only module I really needed (or have thought of, really) is a latest status box:

[Image: upS9keN.png]

...and of course, a Follow side box.

For anyone interested, what type of Twitter side box modules would you like to see? Also, if not Twitter, what other social media integration would you like to see?

If there isn't any response, I probably won't pursue this beyond my own forum.
This would be welcomed from my end Wildcard.

latest tweets.

personally this is about all i use FB is not so much my scene despite family stuff i do loathe it

i do have some interest in flickr but might look at this myself soon

but i just have to get time
Thanks for the response.

I will likely just finish up the two modules I have done for Twitter and release them on GitHub in the Advanced Sidebox organization.

Anyone else interested at all?
Awesome Wildcard, is it okay if try to use it on my live site and so that I can give feedback based on that ?
That would be great. Smile

Give me a day or two to finish testing and I'll try to get something together.