MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL Error when upgrading from 1.8.12 to .13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE tid = '2290'' at line 2
Query:UPDATE mybb_moderatorlog SET action='DATAREMOVEDBYPOSTER' WHERE WHERE tid = '2290'
And no, I didn't accidentally add another WHERE in the query statement, that's the auto generated query. Obviously that's the problem here but the question is why is it generating the query improperly and how we go about getting this upgrade to be successful. Yes, I've tried to run the upgrade a second time and no avail.

Well I should've read around more, seems this is the solution right here: https://community.mybb.com/thread-214021.html
Same here

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE tid = '735'' at line 2Query:UPDATE mybb_moderatorlog SET action='Thread Deleted Permanently: multiple definition of `wait\'' WHERE WHERE tid = '735'
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
^ have you seen replies at above referred thread ..
Ah, no I didn't.

Thanks. I just put the 1.8.12 in place again.
^ well, a simple edit was required in a single file to complete the upgrade process !
And if you download the 1.8.14 upgrade package, the issue is fixed there.