MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trouble transferring to new domain.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am following these directions: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/moving-to-a-new-web-host/

However, I am having some trouble. I am trying to import the database using phpMYAdmin and I keep receiving an error. See attached image.

Using MySQL Databases, I created a database, a user, and then added the user to the database.

I would appreciate any help with this.
From the left hand side, click on information schema and then you will see database name.
Select that and after that try to Import database.

The reason why you are getting this error is because you have not selected database.
(2017-11-28, 03:12 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]From the left hand side, click on information schema and then you will see database name.

The reason why you are getting this error is because you have not selected database.

The database cannot be found inside that tree. I can that on my other domain, the databases are listed below information schema, not inside it. Pehaps I need to contact tech support and ask them why my databases are not appearing in phpmyadmin.

(2017-11-28, 09:31 PM)ajkelsey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-28, 03:12 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]From the left hand side, click on information schema and then you will see database name.

The database cannot be found inside that tree. I can that on my other domain, the databases are listed below information schema, not inside it. Pehaps I need to contact tech support and ask them why my databases are not appearing in phpmyadmin.

Ok. It seems all I needed to do was restart my browser. I was able to import the database as well.

How do I go about changing the password in config.php for the database login?