MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Flatty + Enhanced Account Switcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!

After making several edits to the layout, primarily turning the tables into Divs, I've found that the EAS doesn't work any longer when viewing a Child board or the thread index. It works fine on the forum index.

Additionally, I've noticed my 'Random Quote' generator only works on the main index, and the sub-forum index. It isn't working when I view a thread.

I am not sure what is wrong, or how changing from tables to divs could cause the issue.

http://pern.second-pass.net/forum/index.php

Any assistance would be fantastic, and thank you!

Thistle.
which version of MyBB you are using ?
Good question... Looks like its 1.8.13 with PHP 5.5.38
MyBB 1.8.13 has changes in Jquery related scripts.

for flatty theme its javascript file content needs some changes

you can temporarily rename flatty.js file as flatty.old.js file
and add below content into a new flatty.js file & try using it
jQuery(function($){$(".leftbutton").hide();$(".rightbutton").on("click",function(){$(".sidebar").animate({height:"hide",opacity:0},150,function(){$(".forums").animate({width:"100%"},400)});$(this).hide();$(".leftbutton").show();Cookie.set("sidebar","collapsed",60*60*24*365);return false});$(".leftbutton").on("click",function(){$(".forums").animate({width:"76%"},400,function(){$(".sidebar").animate({height:"show",opacity:1},150)});$(this).hide();$(".rightbutton").show();Cookie.set("sidebar","expanded",60*60*24*365);return false});if(Cookie.get("sidebar")=="collapsed"){$(".rightbutton").hide();$(".leftbutton").show();$(".forums").css("width","100%");$(".sidebar").hide()}var $spanel=$("#panel");var offset=$spanel.offset();var stickyTop=offset.top;var windowTop=$(window).scrollTop();function spanel(){windowTop=$(window).scrollTop();return $spanel.css({position:windowTop>stickyTop?"fixed":"absolute"})}spanel();$(window).scroll(spanel);if($(".forums").length<1)$(".toggle-container").hide()});

AND MyBB 1.8.13 has some changes in the templates & style css.
basically javascript & modal popup related codes need modifications.

upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates.
This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed
- or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed,
it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

for the style adjustments see this post
In case you need to know all the changes that are required for updating it to MyBB 1.8.13, please check this
https://wallbb.co.uk/forums/Thread-WallB...yBB-1-8-13
I have listed all changes I have done on my theme and it can be used as a reference for updating theme templates.
Hey .m., thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately, changing the javascript above made everything not work at all.

Looking through my layouts, they seem to have the modal code, and my login/pop ups aren't the issue. Its just the sidebar for the Account Switcher.
hmm., have you noticed any js errors at the browser console ..
I honestly have no idea how to check?
^ for browser console guidance, please see a couple of Google search results (depending on your browser)

if direct help required, though not sure if I can check it in next few hours (it might take more than 6 hours)
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel (with another test user account attached) & files (ftp) to check
Yeah, I did google it but I'm either doing it wrong, or I can't see any errors. Chances are I'm doing something wrong, because there is an error otherwise it would be working lol.

I'll send you a PM.
Pages: 1 2