MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: character is missing or distorted in textbox.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I installed a version of mybb 1.8.13 yesterday.
And I found something problematic when writing or editing.

My system information is as follows.
  • Php : 7.0.21
  • Web server : Apacher 2.2
  • Sql : MySQLi 10.0.31
  • platform : synology
  • encoding : utf-8
  • browser : google chrome, ms edge, ms ie

Symptoms

Below is sample text in english and korean.
Quote:Mark Down is already supported in version 2.0.
마크다운은 버전 2.0에서 지원된다.

If I slowly type the above english text in korean, I will find the following normal results :
마크다운은 버전 2.0에서 지원된다.

However, if I start typing slightly faster, the middle intermediate input is missing or distorted.
마크다운은 버전 2.0에서 ㅣ원된다.
마크다운은 버전 2.0에서 ㅣ원된다.
마크다운은 버전 2.0에서 ㅣㅓㄴ다.
  • These symptoms occur when I post a new thread and edit thread with full-edit function.
  • It does not occur when I type in the title text box or edit thread with quick-edit function.
  • It does not occur when I type in the quick reply text box.
  • It does not occur when I type in text boxes in other window programs and in other bulletin board text boxes on different bulletin boards.
  • These symptoms appear widely in many characters. so i can't write normally.

What settings do I need to correct in order to correct them? or is this bug?
So if I undersrood good, it appears only if you are writing in WYSIWYG editor right? Have you tryed swirching it on and off at new reply / thread crearion and say if problem appears the same or ut shows up just while writing in WYSIWYG editor
Good to see you Ikerepc.

Quote:So if I undersrood good, it appears only if you are writing in WYSIWYG editor right? Have you tryed swirching it on and off at new reply / thread crearion and say if problem appears the same or ut shows up just while writing in WYSIWYG editor

"it" does that mean WYSIWYG/VIEW SOURCE mode switching?
I changed two modes (WYSIWYG/VIEW SOURCE) when writing.

In WYSIWYG mode,
마크다운은 ㅓ전 2.0에서 원ㅚㄴ다.
마크다운은 버전 2.0에서 지원ㅚㄴ다.
마크다운은 버전 2.0에서 ㅣ원된다.

In VIEW SOURCE mode,
마크다운은 버전 2.0에서 지원된다.
마크다운은 버전 2.0에서 지원된다.

In WYSIWYG mode, symptoms appears
when I changed to VIEW SOURCE MODE, it does not occurred.

[attachment=39553]
Yes, I supposed that. That mean that WYSIWYG editor for some reason don't accept that characters...

I'd suggest you to do one of following things:
1) Try to find another editor in extend (plugins) - Maybe some of those: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...ff2db4d97c
2) Globally turn off WYSIWYG editor...
(2017-11-29, 12:56 PM)Ikerepc Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I supposed that. That mean that WYSIWYG editor for some reason don't accept that characters...

I'd suggest you to do one of following things:
1) Try to find another editor in extend (plugins) - Maybe some of those: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...ff2db4d97c
2) Globally turn off WYSIWYG editor...

Dear Ikerepc.

I don't think the editor is not accepting certain characters.

Because when I type slowly, all characters are normally entered into.
And when I increase my typing speed, editor begins ignore the increasing number of characters.

Anyway, I will try the first method you propose.

Thank you very much for your kind reply.
Yes, sorry, but right now I have not idea why that would work on one way but not another and by the problem's description, I think it can be only bug in editor or computer / keyboard. But as it's ok at other editors than I have to conclude that bug is in editor.

You can try to use different one and see if problem appears again. If it does in few editor plugins or so, we can conclude that problem is not in editor and keep searching for next solution.. Smile
(2017-11-30, 10:51 AM)Ikerepc Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, sorry, but right now I have not idea why that would work on one way but not another and by the problem's description, I think it can be only bug in editor or computer / keyboard. But as it's ok at other editors than I have to conclude that bug is in editor.

You can try to use different one and see if problem appears again. If it does in few editor plugins or so, we can conclude that problem is not in editor and keep searching for next solution.. Smile

I hope the problem will disappear with another editor as you propose.
Thank you!  Big Grin
No problem Smile

Keep us notified if that solution works or not Smile