MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP update causes error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried updating my php version to the latest builds but I keep on  getting this error:
[Image: 5hPdoDYwSiaYzVgKwmc9xQ.png]
I have to revert back so I can use my website, is a way to update my php version without breaking my website?
Have you disabled all your forum plugins before update of php version?
After deactivating all plugins the error still exists, do I have to uninstall it completely?

If I reinstall Mybb again with php 7.2 is there a way for me to restore all data?
check if MyBB Error (44) guidance helps.
I tried reinstalling mybb with php 7.2 using softaculous and I got this error:

Required PHP extension not found : gd

Can I install this all by myself or I have to ask my host to install it?
^ please see a couple of the search results for GD installation guidance
Thanks, gd already installed. One last thing, I installed another mybb for 7.2 cause my old one still gets the error message and I'm planning to transfer all my previous data in it. What folders should I transfer/copy?
Based on the error message, what database type do you have defined? Is it mysql or mysqli? Newer versions of PHP removed mysql.
I used mysql, is there a way to fix this?

Ok I think just changing the mysql to mysqli fixes it, thought I have to modify the mysql into mysqli. Thanks for the help guys Big Grin
if you are using cPanel based hosting i guess there is something called PHP_selector there you can select which plugin you want to enable for php you have check the required plugins are enabled like pdo or mysqli,gd,etc.

Or if you are on a VPS then i guess you have to manually install the MySQL extension with installer like with remi
yum install php72-pdo or something like that.