MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6 Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some people prefer 1.6 themes I was wondering if half of the theme creators can update old themes like 1.6 themes to 1.8, I would honestly prefer using the old styled themes instead of the newer ones. Some people prefer 1.6 themes the style/design but have no clue how to edit/update them, so if some of the 1.6 themes could be updated to 1.8 that be nice.
a lot of time & patience is required to update 1.6 version themes to 1.8 version.

when 1.8 was fairly new, some contributors have updated few themes for a (nominal) payment
that is seldom done now as many new themes have become much popular for MyBB 1.8.x

moreover responsive themes are in much demand now. none would be interested in
converting old 1.6 themes to responsive 1.8 themes as that's a complex process ..

Edit: Basic 1.6 to 1.8 Theme Upgrading guidance can be helpful for the conversion of some themes
I upgraded 2 of my themes to 1.8 series and than decided that I will not be doing that any further.
But I believe you can always ask the theme owner if they are interested to upgrad their themes to new version Smile

Regards
WallBB
You more or less have to start from scratch doing a 1.6x to 1.8x theme upgrade.