MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum giving error after deleting wordpress files from root
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I deleted all files related to wordpress since i wanted to upload a new website template for my website after that my mybb forum stopped working. Even after I uploaded the backup before deleting the file it is still giving me error. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

It says www.*********.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500
can you check recent entries of server error log to find the cause of error 500 ..
How to check the log? By the way I went to one of your old reply to another user and followed your instruction by renaming plugin folder to plugin2. After changing the plugin folder name it works but whats the main issue since it was working fine before I deleted some files from root folder.
your web host control panel should be having a link to the error log.

can you post list of the files you have in the plugins folder ..
I had bunch of plugins. I deleted the plugin folder and uploaded fresh plugin folder for my forum version which contains only index.html and hello.php. Then after uploading a new plugin and visiting admin panel> plugins section it says There are no plugins on your forum at this time. 

Edit: The plugin is activated itself after a while but I do not have the option to activate or deactivate from admin panel.
[Image: 6zqRvBN.png]
^ oh! I meant which files you had in earlier plugins folder (which was renamed as plugins2)
also can you tell what is the version of php you have (shown at the home page of forum admin panel)
(2017-12-03, 05:58 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ oh! I meant which files you had in earlier plugins folder (which was renamed as plugins2)
also can you tell what is the version of php you have (shown at the home page of forum admin panel)

PHP version: 5.2.17
if few of listed plugins added recently, looks like one of them requires higher version of php
php & template conditionals can be one such plugin.

you can move back the plugin files one by one to the plugins folder
and simultaneously refresh the plugins page on forum admin panel to
trace the troubling plugin ..