MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Getting non-existent posts in the search!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I used Tikitiki's "Post On Registration" plugin for a while a few months ago. The idea of the plugin is to "automatically post a message to newly registered users", saying "Welcome X". Now having deactivated the plugin ages ago, I can still get those posts whenever I perform a search. They are all zero-reply posts and there are hundreds of them. Whenever I try to open any of them for deletion I get an error message saying "invalid forum".
Any idea how to remove all these practically non-existent posts from the db?
I'd really appreciate your help. I have attached a sample search page and the error page.

Regards
I don't see the logic of moving my thread (which I placed in the general support) to the code modifications section. I'm asking for support not for a code mod.Sad
Because the support you are requesting would pertain to a code modification, it is more appropriate for your topic to be here than in the general support area.
tristan/SMM Wrote:Because the support you are requesting would pertain to a code modification, it is more appropriate for your topic to be here than in the general support area.
Yes but my question:
Quote: "Any idea how to remove all these practically non-existent posts from the db?"
has nothing to do with code modification, although the problem could have arisen because of a plugin I used. Anyway, I hope that moving my topic to this section could find its way to tender hearts who would offer help.
Where those threads/posts in a forum with a unique FID, so nothing else was in there but "welcome messages" ?
LeX- Wrote:Where those threads/posts in a forum with a unique FID, so nothing else was in there but "welcome messages" ?

Yes. I had a forum called "Staff, Postgraduates Forum" with the FID of 1 but I deleted that forum having divided that forum into two: "Staff Members Forum" & "Postgraduates Forum", each of which has a different FID. Now, FID 1 is non-existent and the search still points to that FID.

Regrads
Then you can run 2 queries to delete the posts / threads which have fid='1' ...
LeX- Wrote:Then you can run 2 queries to delete the posts / threads which have fid='1' ...

Could you provide me with the steps, please?
LeX- Wrote:Then you can run 2 queries to delete the posts / threads which have fid='1' ...
Could anyone tell me how to run these 2 queries, please?
Run those in phpMyAdmin or cPanel or whatever you use.
DELETE FROM `mybb_posts` WHERE `fid` = '1';
DELETE FROM `mybb_threads` WHERE `fid` = '1';
Pages: 1 2