MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integrating Tapatalk to my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!!

I would like to know how do I integrate my forum with the TapaTalk App?
I would instead suggest that you use a responsive or mobile friendly MyBB theme, not Tapatalk. Tapatalk has quite a bad record for security, bad plugin compatibility and has opened up many forums to be vulnerable to exploits in the past. I would not recommend using it.
(2017-12-05, 03:34 PM)kawaii Wrote: [ -> ]I would instead suggest that you use a responsive or mobile friendly MyBB theme, not Tapatalk. Tapatalk has quite a bad record for security, bad plugin compatibility and has opened up many forums to be vulnerable to exploits in the past. I would not recommend using it.

This and one more reason is Tapatalk will never be able to take care of plugins and custom things you have done on your forum. Even private forums content can be exposed so be careful with it.
(2017-12-05, 03:53 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-05, 03:34 PM)kawaii Wrote: [ -> ]I would instead suggest that you use a responsive or mobile friendly MyBB theme, not Tapatalk. Tapatalk has quite a bad record for security, bad plugin compatibility and has opened up many forums to be vulnerable to exploits in the past. I would not recommend using it.

This and one more reason is Tapatalk will never be able to take care of plugins and custom things you have done on your forum. Even private forums content can be exposed so be careful with it.

What other application do you recommend to integrate the mobile forum?
^ basically suggestion is to use a responsive theme / a mobile friendly theme - not to use any (unknown) application
You can find responsive themes at extend -> Themes and find some responsive. It will work fine on the foeum, even better than most of applcations because it is designed jist for your software Wink
Tapatalk has many forums hacked in the past and revealed information of hidden contents like private forums. Do not have a plugin compatibyllity due it works at own core, it means is like you use not mybb but other script with many holes in security.

The best choice is a responsive theme. I use GoMobile, but i think have the same logic as responsive theme, only set a theme for mobile devices. And you have two themes one for mobiles, one for pc's. And have to work two times every new plugin addittion.

That and more things sets the best choice as use some responsive and mobile friendly theme.
The average person only wants to set up a forum and expand their community.

Now 2 problems arise:

MyBB doesn't come with the functions that people have been using in the last 5 years and that they take for granted, so they need plugins for it.

People install plugins but the graphics are from 2005. Now they have to install a theme appropriate for 2019 with everyone using smartphones and tablets. Guess what? the plugins don't work well with those themes.

It's daunting and discouraging.