MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Get more smilies not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When creating a post of reply, the box with a list of smilies is displayed to the left.
At the bottom of this box is a link called [get more].

On my site when I click this nothing happens.

On this site it does some sort of pop up.

Why doesn't mine work?

I'm using the same browser/laptop/OS combination so it must be something to do with my site.

Running 1.8.13

I can see the javascript being called is the same:

"MyBB.popupWindow('/misc.php?action=smilies&popup=true&editor=MyBBEditor&modal=1'); return false;"

This page (mics.php) exists on my site and I can render this page if I build the URL.

So why doesn't clicking the link open the pop up?

Any ideas?
Which theme are you using mate ?
Can you try this in default theme so that we can know it is an issue with your theme or the theme you are using.
Thanks for the swift reply.

I'm just just using the default theme. The site has been up for years but this issue has only been reported since we updated to 1.18.13 a couple of weeks ago.

What else could I try?
see this related post for MyBB 1.8.13
basically modal popup code needs to be updated in global.css of the theme
(2017-12-06, 12:12 PM)broadsword Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the swift reply.

I'm just just using the default theme. The site has been up for years but this issue has only been reported since we updated to 1.18.13 a couple of weeks ago.

What else could I try?
Okay as you are using default theme, just delete the global.css and you will get the default global.css inherited from master stylesheet which will have the same fix as below (as mentioned by .m.) Smile
Make sure you keep a backup of global.css in anyway.

(2017-12-06, 12:13 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see this related post for MyBB 1.8.13
basically modal popup code needs to be updated in global.css of the theme