MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: General Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am planning to create a forum soon and there's a feature I really want to have.

I am wondering if there's a plugin or is it possible for my forum to have a search capability like the website below?

hotcopper.com.au  <-- When you type in a stock code e.g BSM it will detect the code and directly transfer you to the subforum/forum for that specific stock. Is that possible for mybb? if yes, is it a plug or is it hard to do?

Thank you very much.

Glad to be part of this community.

Briane R
Could be a plugin, but if you're planning for a custom plugin you could get one made by Johnny S or Sazze both great developers I know.
Yes, their is free plugins that exist for this type of search.
I have a member search on my website, which when used finds that specific person.
You could use something regarding this, but finding threads instead of people.

Just to help you a little more...

This is the basic code for a search box:

Code:
<form method="post" action="search.php">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_search" />
<input type="text" class="textbox" name="keywords" size="13" maxlength="250" />
<input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="Search" />
</form>
(2017-12-06, 04:40 PM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]Could be a plugin, but if you're planning for a custom plugin you could get one made by Johnny S or Sazze both great developers I know.

(2017-12-06, 07:00 PM)VizeYT Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, their is free plugins that exist for this type of search.
I have a member search on my website, which when used finds that specific person.
You could use something regarding this, but finding threads instead of people.

Just to help you a little more...

This is the basic code for a search box:

Code:
<form method="post" action="search.php">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_search" />
<input type="text" class="textbox" name="keywords" size="13" maxlength="250" />
<input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="Search" />
</form>

Thank you very much. I guess I'll have to look for someone to create a custom plugin for me.