MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Amazing Suggestion for Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In reference to this thread I'd like to make a very important suggestion.

https://community.mybb.com/thread-214591.html

Please create a database structural difference tool similar to the File Verification tool in ACP.

The tool could compare a default structure of a MyBB database system against the existing site.  This could greatly assist in finding problems after an upgrade where a table column or index hasn't properly upgraded.  Sometimes the upgrades fail on larger forums and having a tool to know the differences would be helpful.

It could even be extended so that plugin authors could add data to be part of the tool (1.10 feature?). 

Please consider such an option.  I think it could be done in 1.8x too.
Thank You for the suggestion.

integrity tools plugin might be helpful for forums having php 7.x

in my experience, many forums are still using php 5.x ...
This sounds super useful to me, especially if plugins can integrate with it.
(2017-12-06, 04:44 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]in my experience, many forums are still using php 5.x ...

Not mine... using PHP 7.0.xx
I might export my scheme to localhost running php 7 then try this tool. That should work.

But this would be useful as a default MyBB feature. It appears it's just an expansion of the file verification. So that's cool.
Bumping this because I think it would be a good feature to have.
I support this.
(2017-12-06, 04:44 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]in my experience, many forums are still using php 5.x ...

EOL +6 months. This wouldn't be an issue. It's been discussed in another thread.
I support this.
I support this
Pages: 1 2