MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: postbit troubles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i am not the best coder in the world but i am taking a shot on creating my own theme on localhost,
but the issue is i have no idea how i can get newpoints credit system to join postbit details and even the currency & points side-by-sideĀ 

[Image: 5PUvlAG8TJ2sG1Vwgs9DyA.png]
much help would be very appreciated.
ive never used it before but my guess is that when you install the plugin it will create some templates and variables for the plugin usage
so you must insert that variable into the postbit template
usually the variable its inserted on default theme when its installed
have a look on default theme and see if is shows on postbit and then look for the variable of newpoints on default postbit template
(2017-12-09, 12:28 PM)subzr1 Wrote: [ -> ]ive never used it before but my guess is that when you install the plugin it will create some templates and variables for the plugin usage
so you must insert that variable into the postbit template
usually the variable its inserted on default theme when its installed
have a look on default theme and see if is shows on postbit and then look for the variable of newpoints on default postbit template

i have already found them but it only shows : when inserted

<div class="form-group form-group-sm my_ptop">   
            <label class="col-sm-3 control-label-left"><h4>{$currency}:</h4></label>   
            <div class="control-label-right col-sm-9">     
              <span><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/newpoints.php">{$points}</a></span>
            </div> 
see content of newpoints_postbit template (should be in the global templates)
<br /><span class="smalltext">{$currency}: <a href="{$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']}/newpoints.php">{$points}</a></span>{$donate}
you can modify it with required style properties
i changed the newpoints code but no change to the postbit?

[img] https://image.prntscr.com/image/dMW9_0jH...59LH9Q.png [/img]
you have to use the code similar to what you have in postbit_author_user template of the theme
which theme actually you are using ?
custom default theme known as revolution Gaming https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=196

gotcha i found the section.

(2017-12-10, 05:27 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you have to use the code similar to what you have in postbit_author_user template of the theme
which theme actually you are using ?

here is the problem now
[Image: R4P-Zg8-T066pv8JPd1wuA.png]
when the code u provided is put in postbit classic it only shows :
Provide your forum url.
(2017-12-15, 04:10 AM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]Provide your forum url.

it was on localhost but this thread can be deleted b/c i deleted that theme sorry.