MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does MyBB have future?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(2017-12-18, 07:25 PM)Ikerepc Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with this 1.9, 1.10 is far for now, I don't even think about 1.11 yet, we can think about it later...

But this looks really good.
Can you make new thread for / about that so others can say what they think?

I'm not entirely sure that a new thread is the best idea, as we'll then have two very similar discussions happening in two different threads.
Ok... I tought that mostly because of some kind of poll so others can vote if they agree or not. But ok Big Grin
@Euan T - Now that's a solid plan. Stick to it and move forward and I doubt you'll get many serious complaints from the community. The 1.9 plan is fantastic and if you can make that happen within a few months I'd be very happy personally.
Love it, Euan!
(2017-12-18, 07:48 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ].

I like the roadmap.

I have just one question, this theme template framework, will it break old themes? I have a paid theme (and invested quite a few hours polishing it to make it mobile) and I'd really be in trouble having this happening.
(2017-12-18, 11:16 PM)iagovar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-18, 07:48 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ].

I like the roadmap.

I have just one question, this theme template framework, will it break old themes? I have a paid theme (and invested quite a few hours polishing it to make it mobile) and I'd really be in trouble having this happening.

I believe it will, yes. unfortunately it's tough to avoid that when the way themes are built will be changing with a new release.
Ok, Ill have to wait until I rebuild everything before update... well... in that's what is coming I have no choice.

Also, how much time are we talking about until that? Are we in a months basis? year? +1 year? I'm looking into developing a plugin so I need this info. If it's close In time I'll wait until the update, if not, I may do it.
The roadmap looks great. Hopefully we can match the other forum softwares in core features eventually. Those are what MyBB currently lacks in my opinion so it is good to see new ones being implemented instead of just as a plugin.
(2017-12-19, 04:24 PM)iagovar Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, Ill have to wait until I rebuild everything before update... well... in that's what is coming I have no choice.

Also, how much time are we talking about until that? Are we in a months basis? year? +1 year? I'm looking into developing a plugin so I need this info. If it's close In time I'll wait until the update, if not, I may do it.

It depends on how development goes, but I doubt it will take a year to complete. I'd hope to have an alpha or beta version out by June or July of 2018 for 1.9.
(2017-12-19, 08:03 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-19, 04:24 PM)iagovar Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, Ill have to wait until I rebuild everything before update... well... in that's what is coming I have no choice.

It depends on how development goes, but I doubt it will take a year to complete. I'd hope to have an alpha or beta version out by June or July of 2018 for 1.9.

If I develop a plugin to the 1.8 core, will it be hard work to make it functional into 1.10? I mean, templating is not that hard, the problem would be logic. I'm basically planning dating profiles and rich member search, so you can guess what I'm looking to to.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17