MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS NOT applying to all pages?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just started using MyBB and I love it so far... BUT...
I edited my themes, and styled the different templates to look how I want them to look, but for some reason it only applies it to the index page..? As soon as I click on, say, "Member List", or "Help", the styling goes back to the default styling. I thought that since I was editing the templates, which all the pages presumably import, that it would apply the styling on all the pages?
what exactly you are trying to change ? how you are doing it & can you share your forum url ..
basically header part & footer part appear on all pages.
for MyBB Stock theme : container , content & wrapper can be said as main elements on every page
if you create a new css file then you must set it to cover all templates and not only one
(2017-12-12, 04:58 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]what exactly you are trying to change ? how you are doing it & can you share your forum url ..
basically header part & footer part appear on all pages.
for MyBB Stock theme : container , content & wrapper can be said as main elements on every page

So, I want to change a LOT, in all the templates... so far I've altered some of the header templates, the footer template, and some of the index template... (I did these all under Template Sets-->default templates). My url is http://accessibilityscout.com/mybb/

If you go there, look at the font and such of the Header, etc... and then click on "Member list", you'll see that when you do that, the fonts all revert back to the default look.

(2017-12-12, 09:23 PM)subzr1 Wrote: [ -> ]if you create a new css file then you must set it to cover all templates and not only one

No, I just did inline CSS, in the template file itself.
1. Avoid inline styling, it's easier to maintain everything within global.css (.menu {font-family:myfont;} instead of using it inline.
2. The problem with your font is due the fact that you called external font only in index template (in <head> tag).