MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backup of DB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi to all.
Hi have a question. I make a mistake in my forum and because of that IO need to install the forum over again. Now the problem is this:
I have a backup of the forum and files, but I don’t understand how restore the data. Hi try but, well, I’m a dummy and a noob on these things. I don’t know how to fix the files, hi have very important data and I don’t to wont a lose these files, include the people o have register on my Forum.
Now, can anyone help me on this? Or can anyone make a tutorial with every details to show how can restore a BD?
One more thing, the Database of the server is not equal to the old database.
Thanks for the help, once again Smile
Try reading this: [Wiki: Database_Restore] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Tikitiki Wrote:Try reading this: [Wiki: Database_Restore] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

thanks Tikitiki, but this is work with a the database with a diferent name?
my old DB is "mybb", and the DB I create now is "forum".
its works?
Hi thinks Hi try and give me a error, but if you say is works I install once again the forum with the old Database.
Thanks
Yes, it should work the same. The only other thing is you'll have to change the details in inc/config.php
Tikitiki Wrote:Yes, it should work the same. The only other thing is you'll have to change the details in inc/config.php

hi have this error
"Error
SQL query:

-- MyBB Database Backup
-- Generated: 24th July 2007 at 11:27
-- -------------------------------------
CREATE TABLE mybb_adminlog (

uid int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
dateline bigint( 30 ) NOT NULL default '0',
scriptname varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '',
action varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '',
querystring varchar( 150 ) NOT NULL default '',
ipaddress varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '',
KEY scriptname ( scriptname , action )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1;

MySQL said:

#1050 - Table 'mybb_adminlog' already exists"

Sugestion, wath is wrong?
Delete mybb_adminlog and import it again.
Since that's the first table, all the other tables are probably also present. Delete all tables and then try again.
Hi try, and the results its this:

Error
SQL query:

INSERT INTO mybb_adminlog( uid, dateline, scriptn

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

and*****************
with other bakup, with out mybbsittings its
There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem

ERROR: Unknown Punctuation String @ 24
STR: />
SQL:
MySQLi error: 2006<br />MySQL server has gone away<br />Query: SHOW FIELDS FROM mybb_adminoptions

SQL query:

MySQLi error: 2006
MySQL server has gone away
Query: SHOW FIELDS FROM mybb_adminoptions

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MySQLi error: 2006<br />MySQL server has gone away<br />Query: SHOW FIELDS FROM ' at line 1
Looks like your backup isn't complete. What's the filesize of the backup? Can you open the backup with a text editor like Crimson Editor, Notepad++, Wordpad, etc and see what it says at the very end of the file?
DennisTT Wrote:Looks like your backup isn't complete. What's the filesize of the backup? Can you open the backup with a text editor like Crimson Editor, Notepad++, Wordpad, etc and see what it says at the very end of the file?

it say many things like tath.

INSERT INTO mybb_adminlog (uid,dateline,scriptname,action,querystring,ipaddress) VALUES ('1','1182779681','index.php','home','','89.152.18.56');
INSERT INTO mybb_adminlog (uid,dateline,scriptname,action,querystring,ipaddress) VALUES ('1','1182779709','settings.php','change','','89.152.18.56');
INSERT INTO mybb_adminlog (uid,dateline,scriptname,action,querystring,ipaddress) VALUES ('1','1182779711','plugins.php','','','89.152.18.56');
INSERT INTO mybb_adminlog (uid,dateline,scriptname,action,querystring,ipaddress) VALUES ('1','1182779716','settings.php','change','','89.152.18.56');
Pages: 1 2