MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make category/forum visible to ONLY certain groups?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And no, modifying the permissions of the category to make every group not be able to "view" minus me does not fix it.

If I log out from my account (which has permissions) I still can see the category.
So you made forum / category not to be visible to guests and you see it when you log our, right?

What is your forum url? Do you use some plugins?

Are you sure you made that category / forum invisible for guests?
(2017-12-14, 12:39 PM)Ikerepc Wrote: [ -> ]So you made forum / category not to be visible to guests and you see it when you log our, right?

What is your forum url? Do you use some plugins?

I use Shows Avatar on Threadlist and Forumlist, DVZ Mentions, Google SEO, and MyAlerts

Yes, i took away all permissions except for admin, and i still see the category /forum.
It's not a child of another category, so its not like it's inheriting permissions either.
I'd rather not give out my url for privacy reasons, though I get how much more difficult that makes it to fix.
is Hide Private Forums? set to yes at Forum Home Options page of Configuration section ?

have you also checked custom group permissions for the category & its forums [see this image]
(2017-12-14, 12:45 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]is Hide Private Forums? set to yes at Forum Home Options page of Configuration section ?

have you also checked custom group permissions for the category & its forums [see this image]

Yes, and yes. Though I didn't click custom permissions, i dragged all the options from the left to the right (to disallowed)
Have you changed any core files or templates recently?

Please provide us your forum url