MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Should MyBB become a paid platform?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2017-12-14, 09:03 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand the recurring mobile / seo complaints. It's been mobile for a long time (with gomobile addon and other custom themes, and everybody can learn a bit of CSS to customize). It's had SEO URLs for an even longer time (even before Google SEO, there was another addon). Whoever wanted these things, has already had it for years now.

(2017-12-15, 09:57 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-14, 09:03 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand the recurring mobile / seo complaints. It's been mobile for a long time (with gomobile addon and other custom themes, and everybody can learn a bit of CSS to customize). It's had SEO URLs for an even longer time (even before Google SEO, there was another addon). Whoever wanted these things, has already had it for years now.

Exactly and there are lots of free MyBB themes and plugins which can make forums great. I am not sure what OP had in mind.

Go Mobile is awful. There's no polished theme for mobile. Not even paid that I know for. I have a paid theme and I still needed a good amount of media queries and template modification.
(2017-12-15, 06:05 PM)iagovar Wrote: [ -> ]

Exactly and there are lots of free MyBB themes and plugins which can make forums great. I am not sure what OP had in mind.

Go Mobile is awful. There's no polished theme for mobile. Not even paid that I know for. I have a paid theme and I still needed a good amount of media queries and template modification.
In regards to responsive theme, there are lots of good mobile themes and they work great.
There are lot of dev you can contact here if you want a custom design who can give you quality responsive themes.
(2017-12-16, 04:21 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-15, 06:05 PM)iagovar Wrote: [ -> ]

In regards to responsive theme, there are lots of good mobile themes and they work great.
There are lot of dev you can contact here if you want a custom design who can give you quality responsive themes.

Lots? Could you provide some examples?
If it's been a open source forum for past years I don't see the point of it becoming a paid platform but I highly doubt that would ever happen.
from my POV, mybb is a great platform. no matter if its paid or not. personally i would be turned off if one day, god forbid it becomes paid."free" is good enough.
Pages: 1 2