MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Redirect Profile Field using JavaScript
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I have a community forum for my csgo server and am having issues redirecting a custom profile field (steamid) to the players community profile. I have the JavaScript needed to do so and it works but I have no clue how to make it so when clicking on the profile field it runs the JavaScript. Anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks
It is better to use php or html redirection than javaScript as you can turn your browser javacsript off.

Please explain a little better from where you want to redirect where? So I can try to make you some code
I want this to redirect to a javascript/html file (I have both) that converts the users steamid (the custom profile field) to their community profile link, so when you click on their steamid (say on their profile or on the postbit) it redirects you using the javascript/php redirect file
(2017-12-19, 05:38 PM)Ikerepc Wrote: [ -> ]It is better to use php or html redirection than javaScript as you can turn your browser javacsript off.

Please explain a little better from where you want to redirect where? So I can try to make you some code

any ideas?
I really don't understand you.

What file you have?
Where it is?
From where to where you redirect?
What info are you sending while redirection, if any?

Also, could I get your forum url & url where I can see how that redirection works?
Dont worry i just figured it out by borring some code from a steam intergration plugin Smile
Ok... Glad you solved that Smile
You may want to post your solution for future reference for others users.